Share Your Vision
This is the final tenant in the five-part Fleet Wellness program.
Update Your Fleet Policy
- Driver eligibility – Define which employees are eligible for a company vehicle vs. expense reimbursement. Some factors to consider are total miles driven each year and job function.
- Vehicle selection options – There is a fine balance here between being too restrictive and too loose. Driver satisfaction matters. Drivers take better care of vehicles they like and are vested in. Consider utilizing a selector list of available options and colors.
- Maintenance guidelines – Fleet maintenance programs monitor routine preventative maintenance costs and frequency, as well as approval levels for non-routine repairs.
- Disposition guidelines – Define when and how vehicles are disposed. Many factors play into the ideal time to dispose of a vehicle from market dynamics, to brand, model, mileage. They all play into the value of vehicles.
- Personal use of company vehicles – Make expectations clear on whether personal use is permitted and if so, is the use restricted to the employee? Their spouse? How will the company be reimbursed for the personal use? Who covers insurance?
Additional topics could include driver testing, accident protocol, and upfitting specifications.
Your Next Steps
Get Started Today!
We had the pleasure of working with several of our clients on a where we let them tell the story of fleet management. At Doering, we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our customers.